VIPRE – A problem has occurred in VIPRE Threat Scanner
We had a customer who was having VIPRE pop ups. Here is a screenshot of what they were getting.
I contacted VIPRE and they knew right a way how to fix it. They said it was a bad definition that came down in early February. The fix is to download a small file that will remove the old definitions and restart the agent. Here is the link they sent us.
I ran the executable which only took few minutes and I got a popup saying VIPRE was my antivirus. I could see in the VIPRE Console on the server that the definitions were updating, so the Console and the agent were communicating again.
Let us know if this helped you…