Outlook Program Trying to Access Email Address Information & VIPRE

We got a call from a customer who got the following popup.

A quick search on the web lead me to this article from Microsoft.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/i-get-warnings-about-a-program-accessing-email-address-information-or-sending-email-on-my-behalf-86cc5ece-379e-45e3-b8eb-3fefba09946b

I looked on the server and in the Vipre console I couldn’t push updates or definitions. We restarted the users machine to see if Vipre still shows it needs to be updated. We opened Outlook and didn’t get another warning. We saw the Vipre Add-in start up. We opened the Vipre agent and it asked to be updated. We pushed the button to update, but nothing happened.

In the console we “Forced Updates” instead of “Checking for updates” and this worked. We haven’t seen the warning come back yet.

Let us know if this helped you…

Outlook a program is trying to access e-mail address

We had a customer who’s Outlook keep popping up the following dialog box.

Here is the link we used to understand the issue.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/i-get-warnings-about-a-program-accessing-email-address-information-or-sending-email-on-my-behalf-86cc5ece-379e-45e3-b8eb-3fefba09946b

This location uses Vipre Antivirus. We logged onto their server and went into the Vipre console. The customer’s machine appeared up-to-date with the client; however, the definitions were slightly behind. Not by much. We pushed “Definition Upates”, and this resolved the issue right-a-way.

Let us know if this helped you…

 

VIPRE – A problem has occurred in VIPRE Threat Scanner

We had a customer who was having VIPRE pop ups. Here is a screenshot of what they were getting.

I contacted VIPRE and they knew right a way how to fix it. They said it was a bad definition that came down in early February. The fix is to download a small file that will remove the old definitions and restart the agent.  Here is the link they sent us.

https://homesupport.vipre.com/support/solutions/articles/1000259870-vipre-alert-2-6-2018-problem-has-occurred-in-vipre-scanning-engine-or-vipre-threat-scanner

I ran the executable which only took few minutes and I got a popup saying VIPRE was my antivirus. I could see in the VIPRE Console on the server that the definitions were updating, so the Console and the agent were communicating again.

Let us know if this helped you…

 

Outlook -The synchronisation failed – check the Sync tab for further details

Had a client that uses “CodePLex – Outlook Google Calendar Sync” to sync Outlook calendars with their Google calendars. They were getting a bunch of different errors. The following link lead me down the right path.

https://help.toutapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/203348310-A-Program-Is-Trying-To-Access-Outlook-Email-Address-Information

  1. Open Outlook 2010, go to “File/Options/Trust Center” menu item, and then click on the “Trust Center Settings” button at the right side of the dialog box.
  2. From there, select the “Programmatic Access” menu item. At the bottom of this dialog, note what your “Antivirus status” is. If it is “Invalid” then close Outlook, navigate to where its “OUTLOOK” program icon is on your disk (typically it sits in the “Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Office” folder), and then right-click this icon and select “Run as administrator” from the pop-up-menu. If you get a warning, then select “allow” or “yes” to continue.
  3. Then in Outlook, go back to “Programmatic Access” as described above, and you should see your antivirus status updated to “Valid” (assuming you have an up-to-date antivirus program on your computer).
  4. Exit Outlook.

It seems like there was an issue with the trust center and antivirus. I discovered there wasn’t any antivirus on the machine. When I installed their Vipre anti-virus and restarted the machine this fixed the issue.

Let us know if this helped you…

 

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Translate »