Outlook Program Trying to Access Email Address Information & VIPRE

We got a call from a customer who got the following popup.

A quick search on the web lead me to this article from Microsoft.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/i-get-warnings-about-a-program-accessing-email-address-information-or-sending-email-on-my-behalf-86cc5ece-379e-45e3-b8eb-3fefba09946b

I looked on the server and in the Vipre console I couldn’t push updates or definitions. We restarted the users machine to see if Vipre still shows it needs to be updated. We opened Outlook and didn’t get another warning. We saw the Vipre Add-in start up. We opened the Vipre agent and it asked to be updated. We pushed the button to update, but nothing happened.

In the console we “Forced Updates” instead of “Checking for updates” and this worked. We haven’t seen the warning come back yet.

Let us know if this helped you…

Outlook a program is trying to access e-mail address

We had a customer who’s Outlook keep popping up the following dialog box.

Here is the link we used to understand the issue.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/i-get-warnings-about-a-program-accessing-email-address-information-or-sending-email-on-my-behalf-86cc5ece-379e-45e3-b8eb-3fefba09946b

This location uses Vipre Antivirus. We logged onto their server and went into the Vipre console. The customer’s machine appeared up-to-date with the client; however, the definitions were slightly behind. Not by much. We pushed “Definition Upates”, and this resolved the issue right-a-way.

Let us know if this helped you…

 

Outlook – Invalid index. (Exception from HRESULT:0x8002000B(DISP_E_BADINDEX))

We had a customer who was having an issue with Outlook 2016. They were getting a dialog box with the error: Invalid index. (Exception from HRESULT:0x8002000B(DISP_E_BADINDEX)).

I did a quick repair on the Outlook program, but this didn’t fix the issue. Others on the web found the issue resides in the Add-ins.

How to find and disable Outlook 2016, 2013 and 2010 Add-ins and plugins

In Outlook >> File >> Options >> Add-ins we discovered a “Sage” add-in. They use Sage for their banking but felt that shouldn’t be attached to their email. We turned off the “Sage” add-in and we were no longer getting the issue.

Let us know if this helps you…

 

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com
Translate »