Site Not Ranked in Google, But No. 1 in Bing

After finishing a new WordPress site we watched Google to see where the site was going to rank, but didn’t get the results we were looking for. We had the Yoast SEO plug-in installed and followed their recommendations in setting it up. The site was showing up on page 4 yet Google highlighted several matching words. More than the listing ranked higher.

We were confused as to why the other sites were ranking higher considering our site had more relevant links. If we add “va” for Virginia to our search the site was number 1 in Google.

The following articles were good starting points

https://moz.com/community/q/can-t-rank-well-on-google-but-on-page-1-for-bing-and-yahoo

https://moz.com/community/q/not-indexed-in-google-indexed-in-bing

The site was a Property in our Google Webmastertools / Search Console, and the Sitemap was in there. We saw a suggestion from someone else who said to add the sitemap in a line in your Robots.txt file. We did this through the Yoast plug-in in the back end of the site. We added the following line.

“Sitemap: https://www.thesitesdomain.com”

While in the Search Console we realized the Property was set up for HTTP. When we tried to do a URL Inspection we got an error that the property domain didn’t match. We went back and added the property again and we we saw the following image we realized we had trouble setting up the site with Google’s new domain verification and selected the old method of “URL Prefix“.

We added our domain to the “Domain” section and Google automatically updated our original property to be set up under the new “Domain” method. When we inspected the URL everything worked perfectly. Now to finish inspecting and requesting a URL crawl for the other pages.

The link below was a reminder to me that there were issues when were setting up this site in Google Search Console.

https://webmasters.stackexchange.com/questions/68435/moving-from-http-to-https-in-google-search-console

Let us know if this helped you.

DIVI Theme 2 Map Modules Not Working

We recently started a new site using a purchased Child Theme for Elegant Theme’s DIVI theme, but when needed two map modules on the same page the map module wasn’t working. Not working in the sense the module won’t “find” the second maps addresses. It was putting the starting location way out in the ocean.

We discovered the “Row” setting were “Global“, and once the “Global” was removed the second map was now working normally. This did take way more time then it should have to fix, but that is how it goes sometimes.

Let us know if this helped you…

Godaddy Managed WordPress SSL Installation

We recently completed a Godaddy Managed WordPress site using the Elegant Themes DIVI builder. The site launched but we found that the site wasn’t ranking high in Google. The SEO strategy seemed good; however, simply adding a SSL may help.

Being short on time we decided to let Godaddy install the SSL. The manual method of installing a SSL with Godaddy can be rough. The next day we checked the site and noticed a some of the images were not showing up. We went into to site to investigate and got a warning that that the database was upgraded and we needed to click this button to okay it. Once that was done the images still were not showing up. In the media manager we got the same database upgrade warning. Once we clicked this warning the images in the media library showed up.

We did have to go back to each page that lost the images connection and just re-link them in the page builder. The image source for some images didn’t get the “https” and only had the “http“.

Let us know if this helped you.