While building a new site in Joomla 4 our RSS Feeds showed “Feed not found“. This happened after we upgraded to 4.2. We contacted Joomla and they are aware of the issue. They said this will be a bug fix in the next release or 4.2.1. Meanwhile it is hard to work on site that has something broken on each page. Until the update is released we did the following to fix the issue.
We had an Akeeba backup from before the 4.2 upgrade. We installed this site locally and moved the following files over into the site we are working on. Here are the files and their location.
AtomParser.php – \libraries\src\Feed\Parser
RssParser.php – \libraries\src\Feed\Parser
We copied these two files from the restored backup to the new site and everything was working the way it should.
We were uploading some videos into the Media section of a customers website when we got the error “Unexpected response from the server. The file may have been uploaded successfully. Check in the Media Library or reload the page.” We uploaded 5 videos and only 3 uploaded. The other two had an error. These two videos where 30 megabytes each and the Media Library had a limit of 40 megabytes, so it should have uploaded.
File size seemed to be the issue, but we didn’t have access to the CPanel yet to change the PHP.ini file. We were working localhost, and were able to add some PHP code to our Functions.php file in the our child theme. This didn’t solve the issue. Our upload limit in the media library upload say we can do up to 256 megabytes now.
We cleared the cache, and still had the issue. We found something on StackExchange that mentioned the “Security” plugin.
We had a customer getting 30ish spammed emails from their website each day, but it wasn’t coming from the website. We handle their website and email so by looking into the back-end of the website we could see there were no form submissions. This meant it was spoofed to seem like it was coming from the site.
We needed something to use to block these emails. The customer forwarded a couple of the emails so we could look at the internet headers. Opened the email in Outlook and then went to File >> Properties.
Scrolling through the header we found the offending email address “firstname.lastname@example.org“, the IP address and domain.
We went into their Office365 online account and went to the Admin >> Show All >> Security.
Once there to block the IP we went to Connection filter policy (Default) >> Edit connection filter policy.
Enter the IP address you want to block and hit “save”. Make sure it did save. We had to do this a couple of times before the IP showed in our policy list.
We also created a separate policy to handle the email address. Start with clicking on the “Create policy” >> “Inbound“. In the Users section add the email addresses you want to protect. We didn’t add any groups. We put their “their-domain.com” and “microsoft.their-domain.com” for the Domains section. For the Action we sent the emails to the junk folder. In the “Allow & block list” we added the offending email address.
Microsoft documentation was a little outdated, but helped us. We found that information here.