We discovered we were getting less email inquires so we tested our contact us form, and discovered something was broken. This lead us into investigating the issue. We were routing our contact us form through GMail due to DKIM issues. Our domain and email server are not in the same place, so we run into this issue.
We switched from PHPMailer to SMTP and struggled a bit with the setting. That was partially due to our current hosting settings. We found the best settings were documented by Joomla. See the link below:
It is suggested to use a GMail App Passwode instead of your GMail Password. We found a good article on this setup, but didn’t capture the URLs. We found another article that was just as good.
Let us know if this helped you….