Had a customer who wanted the title and description on the slider overlay to be delayed before it comes in. We struggled finding the appropriate setting in the module setting, but since it was site wide we decided to do this with CSS.
Go to “Customize” in the DIVI menu
Go down to “Additional CSS” and add the following.
We needed to add an event calendar to new WordPress site, and we decided to utilize Google Calendar. The customer has multiple sites, so we set up multiple calendars for each location but only show one calendar on the website with all the events showing. Below is a quick video of how we did it.
We had a customer who’s Drupal site got compromised and eventually banned. We stripped out all the old Drupal, and uploaded a minimal WordPress version of the site. The hosting was so sluggish that we often got time out errors trying to navigate the site. The back end was the same.
The host is Godaddy, so we contacted them regarding the issue. The CPU usage was pegged at 100%, but the there wasn’t anything else running. While searching the CPanel we discovered there was a Cron Job running.
Even after removing this the hosting was too slow to work with. We ended up going to the screen before you access the CPanel and choosing “Reset” to reset the entire hosting account. It took about 45 minutes before we could re-install the WordPress site.
We have a customer who’s site recently got on Google’s Safe Browsing. After we cleared out all the old site files and upload a new temporary site we still got the following page.
Steps to Fix
Click on “Details” and see what the error is in Google’s Search Console. If the site isn’t in your Google Search Console you can add it as a “Property”. We had to use an .HTML file to verify ownership.
We had a customer call because their bank Tellercheck TS240 check scanner wasn’t working. All the lights were lit up correctly; however, it wouldn’t scan. This was a new device and the customer installed the ink cartridge.
In the web browser the check scanner was throwing the error “No ink cartridge in the transport.” The instructions for installing the ink cartridge were to push down the back area till you get a double-click. The user said this did this, but we decided to do it again. After a couple of tries the user heard a click. This totally solved the issue.
We recently got a visit to our office from a couple of gentleman claiming they are from BG&E and they want to review our bill to make sure we are not being over charged. Which when has the electric company ever cared if you being over billed.
Another employee warned us that this is a scam people have tried for years. They review your bill and then somehow get themselves on your bill. When we said no one was around they realized they were going to scam us and quickly left.
Got a call from a user that couldn’t open a simple .JPG. They got the error “Windows Photo Viewer can’t display this picture because there might not be enough memory available on your computer”, but the machine has ton of space. The following article offers a resolution of adding the color profile.
We have seen this issue pop up a lot this week. Firefox is showing up as several installed programs in “Programs and Features“. We used an .MSI package from FrontMotion so the original file could be distributed via Active Directory.
You would think a simple solution would be to re-install or go back a version, but it isn’t. We haven’t found an great fix but a good work around.
Research lead us to installing version 59. This version had shown no issues with Windows 10. After installing this on a dozen machines users didn’t see any more issues. Here is a link for older versions of Firefox.
We learned it is better to use the “Custom” install over the “Standard” install simply because this allowed us to uncheck the “Maintenance service“. After we got version 59 installed we opened Firefox and it crashes with the following message.
The program would crash and this dialog box would go away. We had to try to open Firefox a couple more times until we got the dialog box to “Refresh” Firefox. Once this was done Firefox was running normally.
We set up Firefox to not install updates. Click on the “hamburger” menu in the upper right. Select “Options” and go to the General tab. Uncheck “Use a background service to install updates“.
We also discovered using “about:config ” in a new tab. This gave us a page warning us about the risk. We clicked okay on the warning and then we could just by clicking on the service turn it on and off.
We had an issue with a user who was getting emails from a person, but couldn’t find them unless they searched. The emails were not going the junk or deleted. It turned out there were “sweep rules” set up to automatically move the emails to the “RSS Feeds” folder.
Not sure if the users account had been compromised, so our first suggestion is to change their password. This was fixed in Office365 webmail. Log into the users account. Click on the gear icon in the upper right. Go down to “Your App Setting” and then “Mail”. On the left side you will see “Inbox and sweep rules”.